How to Teach English or Any Language - TPRS for Teachers
I'm sure you can relate to this feeling: you really want to help your students, but all you know, all you've been taught is the traditional grammar approach. Deep within you, you know it's actually not the way to teach a language, but you stick with it because you don't know an alternative.
And you try to find creative ideas like games, conversations... to get away from typical grammar and vocabulary drills and exercises because you do care about your students actually learning the language, but despite these activities being way better than the above mentioned traditional grammar exercises, they're still under the grammar approach umbrella, let's put it that way.
I don't want to make up a percentage, but a lot of the teachers I meet feel this way. The traditional grammar approach just doesn't seem right to them and they try their best to help their students, but the inadecuacy of this whole approach doesn't allow them to help their students in the best possible way.
This is what this course is for. This is to help you understand what you can do so both you and your students love your classes and it actually makes a difference in their language learning journey.
Learn the secrets of the TPRS method and CI-based (Comprehensible Input) teaching, which follows the same principles by which we all acquired our native languages.
Help your students truly learn English or any language!
Look at this example of a Spanish Online Class with this approach! 👇
Benefits of the TPRS training for Teachers
- To acquire a second language naturally and following the same principles by which we all acquired our native languages
- You’ll never have to go through the painful process of having to consciously think about everything you want to say again, and words will come to your mind naturally in a subconscious way.
- There’s multiple research studies that prove that progress is several times faster than that with the traditional grammar approach, and it’s even greater when it comes to older people, challenging the idea that only children can learn languages and this is extremely complicated for adults.
- To learn a language naturally so you can take advantage of the real world, the richest and most interesting source of information there is.
- Through the most natural, interesting and complete method this teaching approach has to offer, the TPRS (Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling), which is mostly based on stories and reading.
- Moreover, and even though this is not its main purpose at all, there’s also several research studies that prove that by learning a language this way, students get better results in official exams (Cambridge, TOEFL, TOEIC…) than those who signed up for courses specifically designed to prepare them for the above mentioned exams.
- And all that in a relaxing, entertaining and stress-free atmosphere for both the students and the teacher.
- You’ll leave the feelings of hassle and effort, as well as having to memorize grammar rules and vocabulary lists, behind forever, changing the idea you had on language learning for the better.
- Keys, resources and ideas to keep learning on your own outside of the classroom through interesting and pleasant activities.
The TPRS Training for Teachers includes:
10 sessions in which we'll talk about:
- Why the traditional approach doesn't work and how languages are actually acquired
- Practice: the TPRS in action. I'll teach you a language you don't speak for the first 5 sessions (so you experience it from a student's perspective) and then you'll be the one teaching me (or a student of mine if you don't speak any language I don't speak ) for the last 5 sessions (so you get actual practice as a teacher)
- Different activities and resources for the classroom
- All your questions concerning language learning, teaching ideas with this approach, suggestions..., with further support even after the course is finished
- Keys and ideas to continue with the language acquisition journey outside the classroom